How is your year going so far?
As January came to a close, I was reminded of all the ways I have yet to eat right, exercise weekly, or get a jump start on crushing goals in 2019. Can you relate? Maybe you feel like you’ve started the year off like a champion who ate Wheaties for breakfast. Or perhaps you feel more like me: like you are crawling backwards, through peanut butter, somehow lugging more baggage than you ended 2018 with.
Wherever you are, I want to encourage you. January is over, but 2019 still has 11 beautiful months full of potential:
- Potential for us to meet Jesus daily, on our knees, smitten with His beauty
- Potential for God’s grace to carry us through every success and every failure
- Potential for our hearts to soften and learn how to hope all things andhow to bear all things
- Potential for our courage to grow to share the Good News of Jesus with our co-worker or neighbor.
- Potential for goals to be met, yes, but more importantly for people to be met, face to face, eye to eye, in the precious and oft-ignored atmosphere of an ordinary dining table.
And know that you, my friend, have the potential to flourish.
I’m here to help with that. My goal is to help women stay whole and hopeful in Christ this year. Here are a few ways you can start today:
1. Pick a word of the Year.My intention for 2019 is to SEE. Need ideas for yours?
- 7 Gorgeous Ways to Visualize Your Word of the Year
- 5 Ways a “Word of the Year” CanPositively Influence Your Life
- Make theMost of your Word of the Year (+ my 2019 Intention)
2. Get into God’s Word: It’s not just His story, its also His love letter to us.
- 6 Ways to Make Reading the Bible in a YearWork for You
- 15 Ways to Add Spark to Your Bible Study Routine
3. Engage in Community: Seriously, lets make time for people great again.
- Start a Bible study like Joyfully Ever Afterwith your friends or for a group of students in your church.(PS: Joyfully Ever After videos are now FREE for Amazon Prime members. Stream all 8 sessions here!)
- Test out these 5 Gospel-Sharing Hackswith a friend you’ve been praying for.
Cheers to the rest of 2019! May it draw us ever closer to Jesus, together.