School is about to begin, and we are all asking lots of questions:
- Will they like me?
- Is my first-day outfit insta-worthy?
- Does my new haircut make me beautiful?
- Will I have fun, make friends, find a significant other?
—Or, (for parents of school aged kids):
- Will my kids thrive?
- Will my daughter be accepted?
- Will my son be successful in sports.
- Will I fit in with the other moms?
Friends and sisters, let us pause right here and re-orient our hearts and minds to the better question:
Is Jesus worthy?
Because the answer is simple and living in light of the answer is life-changing. The answer is beautiful, absolute, simultaneously grounding and wing-giving.
YES! Jesus is worthy!
Jesus is the One worthy of our attention. Keeping our eyes on Him gives us freedom from insecurity, anxiety, and self-focus.
Because when it’s all about our King…
- Not only does he get the affection and devotion He deserves from us.
- Not only does he receive the attention from others as we point the people around us to the One we can’t take our eyes off.
- Not only does Christ become preeminent in our little worlds and his kingdom profound in our sphere of influence…
- But ALSO, we find ourselves in peace.
Let us turn our eyes upon Jesus as we prepare for the school season this year.